NTFP-EP is a collaborative regional network of NGOs and community-based organizations in South and Southeast Asia that are working with forest-based communities to empower to make use of and manage their natural resources. In Cambodia, NTFP-EP works in partnership and alliance with up to 20 NGOs and community based and indigenous peoples organizations and networks, and with over 80 NGOs and community based organizations in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam. NTFP-EP works in particular to equip forest peoples in (re)building, maintaining and multiplying their support systems in sustainable forest management and livelihoods through practical, community based interventions and strategies. Such strategies include networking, knowledge and experience exchange, technical support in community based projects and enterprises, capacity building, advocacy and policy support, and documentation and dissemination of traditional and indigenous ecological knowledge. For more information, visit http://www.ntfp.org
Job Title: COUNTRY COORDINATOR
The candidate must be a Cambodian national who has at least 5-10 years combined implementation and management experience in the field of biodiversity conservation, NTFPs, social forestry and/or community based NRM, and related fields; with the appropriate academic and/or technical training qualifications; good communication skills in English and who can demonstrate leadership and commitment to the promotion and realization of equitable and sustainable community based forest management, and responsible and accountable social forestry partnerships.
1. Be lead representative for the country programme with partners and development stakeholders.
2. Coordinates and manages the country programme including strategic plan development, annual planning, program reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
3. Ensures over-all financial accountability of NTFP-EP Cambodia including coordination of necessary audit procedures.
4. Convenes regular and special/thematic meetings of NTFP-EP partners and coordinates cross country activities of the NTFP-EP.
5. Assists NTFP-EP partners in organizing and implementing priority support activities particularly in areas where h/she can utilize and share his/her expertise in NTFPs, especially in the area of NTFP sustainable resource management and conservation.
6. Leads in fundraising efforts for the Cambodia programme or in cooperation with NTFP-EP secretariat/regional management for the Cambodia programme; and support regional fundraising initiatives.
Job Title: AREA DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Mondulkiri, Kratie/Stung Treng)
We are looking for 2 national candidates who each have 3-5 years of combined training and field experience in community development, community based NRM and/or livelihood development. The candidates must be willing and committed to work directly with communities on a regular ongoing basis towards the development and promotion of good practice in social forestry and community based NTFP livelihood development as a key thrust of the position. Proficiency in English and/or indigenous languages in Cambodia a plus.
1. Serves as NTFP-EP point person / field contact in assigned location/s.
2. Coordinates all NTFP-EP partner/community support activities in assigned location/s and ensures implementation of an integrated community based approach on-site.
3. Facilitates communication flow between partners and NTFP-EP and among partners on-site.
4. Conducts together with NTFP-EP technical officers capacity building, and other technical support activities in assigned location/s in the areas of enterprise development, community conservation/resource management, and food and health security (subsistence).
5. Links community partners to technical assistance according to identify community/partners needs.
6. Monitors community based projects and provides inputs for integration in country/project reports and assessments.
7. Coordinates with relevant stakeholders on NTFP-EP activities, projects and partnerships in assigned location/s to ensure that NTFP-EP has the appropriate authorizations and support to conduct its field activities.
For the full job descriptions, please email email@example.com indicate the post in the subject heading of your email, eg. Subject: NTFP-EP Country Coordinator. Please submit a cover letter of application noting also your salary expectation, with your latest CV, and at least 3 references. There is no need to attach certificates of training or courses attended. Deadline for application is on May 12, 2014. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Earliest start dates, June 2014.